Just in time for the weekend, a super-d-duper easy and amazing (if I do say so myself) crock pot rib recipe. But first, let’s recap the week, shall we? :-) Also, linking up with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday!
1. Made some peaches n’ cream for the family. Call me crazy, but I don’t like it.
2. The Little Man wanted pink lemonade, but apparently he couldn’t wait for me to get a glass.
3. Got this in the mail on Wednesday. Makes me smile :-D
4. Miss A wanted to make Christmas Trees for craft time. How could I resist??? I LOVE Christmas.
5. I made ribs on Thursday and dang were they good. Fall off the bone good, literally. If you don’t make them, you’re missing out (recipe below).
Homemade barbecue sauce
Ribs after being cooked in the oven.
Ribs in waiting.
Look yummy, don’t they? A super simple and delicious recipe! I didn’t even alter this one, but if you don’t like your barbecue sauce sweet, cut back on the brown sugar. How was your week?
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash allspice
Directions: Mix together.