So, it’s Sunday morning at 4:30 a.m. and I can’t sleep. No, I’m not uncomfortable and having pains or signs of labor (sigh), just suffering from insomnia. I’m 40 weeks + 1 day pregnant and can’t contain my excitement as I’m overdue with this baby…not. I have little babies that don’t want to enter into this cruel world and just love it in the nice little ‘home’ I’ve made for them over the past 9 months. Glad I can do that for them, but I’m so ready to meet the newest member of our family.
With my first pregnancy, we knew we were having a girl and she arrived 42 minutes before her due date. The labor was a lengthy one (21hrs), but pretty easy. My son was a day late and I thought it was the end of the world. I’m a person who likes to be on time and it’s hard for me to adjust to the fact that I really have no control over when my babies are born. People have always told me, “Oh, the more babies you have, the quicker they come. It’s only the first one that takes the longest.” I don’t know who these “people” are and where they get their facts, but they’re wrong. Since this is a surprise gender baby, I thought we could put some old wives tales to the test and see how it all pans out. Of course the only way we can really determine if these tests work, is for baby to join us. So, maybe this will help??? Worth a shot :) Here we go!
- Chinese Lunar Calendar says I’m having a girl.
- I had morning sickness with my daughter, none with my son and a ton with this one…so, based on that, I’d say girl.
- My face was more swollen with my daughter and not with my son. This time it’s like with my son…boy.
- My cravings (peanut butter, peppermint, carbs, sweets) are the same of that with my daughter, so again…girl.
- If daddy-to-be puts on some sympathy weight, you’re having a girl. No weight gain by the hubby, so…boy.
- I carried like a basketball with my daughter and a football with my son. With this pregnancy, I look like I stole a basketball. Again…girl.
- Baby’s heartbeat has been 140 or lower, which indicates…boy.
- With my daughter, my hair grew at an extremely slow rate, same with this pregnancy…girl.
- I haven’t had any acne with this baby, so they say…boy.
- I tend to carry all my baby weight in my belly and carry low…boy.
So, based on those wives tales, it’s a 50/50 chance it will be either a boy or girl. Hmmm, who knew?! I have never been right in my guesses as to the gender of our babies (or anyone else’s for that matter) and the hubby has always been right. I think it’s a girl this time and he thinks boy. I hope and pray that it’s a healthy baby and it doesn’t matter to me what it is, but I have to admit, these tests are kind of fun to put to the test. Let’s pray for a great delivery and that baby wants to join us soon….like, before Grandma leaves ;)