This weekend was pretty low-key since the hubby had his septoplasty surgery on Thursday. I have been single parenting since Thursday and let me tell you…it.is.hard. I don’t know how you single parent/military families do it out there with multiple children. Kudos to you! It might not be so bad if I weren’t carrying a bowling ball in my belly and had other adults to converse with, but still…this mama
wants needs a break. Just as soon as the hubby is better, you best bet I’m high-tailin’ it outta here for a couple of hours. Even a trip to the bathroom by myself sounds glorious.
The kiddos and I did nothing but play and enjoy each other’s company…most of the time. Although, I’m pretty sure they’re looking at having daddy back to normal so they can play all the things that make mommy cringe and always think a bone is going to be broken in the process…hey, it could happen…and when it does, I’m sure I’ll be there to remind you “I told you so”.
This is my adorable son who likes to fight bedtime to no end. He is just like his father…hates to go to bed, but when he does, he sleeps for like 14 hours. It’s such a joy to have this fight every.single.night.
Between all of the fighting/bathing/diaper changing/brushing teeth/playing/bedtime stories/cooking/cleaning, I did manage to find time to bake a homemade pumpkin pie. I had some leftover canned pumpkin from last week in the fridge that I didn’t want to go bad, so of course a pie was in order. Pumpkin…my fave :) The hubby also likes it too, so I figure that might put him on the mend faster…whatever I have to tell myself, right??
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt (I use a dash)
- 1 (9 inch) uncooked, pie crust —– see recipe below
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt (I use a dash)
- 1/2 c butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup ice water
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight (Ya, like I had the time to wait…1 hour was fine).
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
I may or may not have had 2 slices and skipped supper last night. I’m in survival mode, so whatever. If he should ever need surgery again, I am going to have it for him…I’m just that kind and hey, sleeping all day hopped up on pain pills sounds like a dream right now. How was your weekend?
3 Replies to “Pumpkin Pie, Oh My”
It’s sounds like you had a very busy weekend with hubby, kids and all that goes with it. Don’t forget to take care of yourself even if it is just a bubble bath once in a while.
We had torrential rains and winds Saturday night. We didn’t get any damage but the North side of Bismarck received it far worse. Our plants were small so they were somewhat protected from the wind…one good reason to plant later…ha!
Thanks for the pics of the kiddos, it seems every time they look just a bit older.
The pumpkin pie recipe looks wonderful but I have to say homemade crust is not my forte…I think maybe I work the dough too much.
The 4 front windows are scheduled for next Monday so hopefully is won’t be raining for that day. Take care and thanks again…Mom
It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of. My blog also has articles on these topics, so I look forward to your visit. baccaratcommunity
Conclusions Our results suggest a role for purinoceptors in psychotic disorders and provide a clear example of how endophenotypes can provide novel genetic insights for mental illness 5 mg cialis generic india Abu Jandal had been tortured severely for the Cause of Allah